This Blog Is All Angela's Fault.
About twelve years ago, someone asked me what book I was reading - and I couldn't answer. I FREAKED. I'm a reader. I've always been a reader. But somehow I'd gotten out of the habit of doing one of my favorite things! So I set a goal: at least one book a week... 52 books a year.
I kept track for years, but got bored. And busy. And I kept changing planners. And... whatever. I stopped keeping track.
Then Angela told me that she tried to read 100 books a year... and a week or two ago she e-mailed me her list. With comments. And she started loaning me books. And she got JUDY BLUME to sign Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret for me for my birthday. My 40th birthday. (How completely cool is she?)
Then I had to have a place to talk about books whenever I felt like it... so this blog really is All Angela's Fault.
Thanks, Angela!
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yeah, yeah... I blame Steve! For the blog, that is.
I only read 98 books last year. I haven't reached the 100-book goal since I started keeping track in 2003. It's good to have goals! :)
I blame Steve. For the blog, that is. I blame a crazy relative for the 100-book goal. I haven't made it yet. 98 in 2007 is the closest since I started keeping track in 2003. Before that, if you asked me how many books I read in a year, I would have said about thirty...
Post a Comment